Secret Sofa is dedicated to providing quality merchandise that is of a high standard to all of our customers.
7 Day Satisfaction Guarantee
We believe you will love our products - we go above and beyond to ensure we design and build items that will fit perfectly in your home and with your style.
We do understand that at times, a product may not be what you expected. In these cases, please review the following terms and conditions of all change of mind returns.
Please note, we aim to represent the colouring of all products as accurately as possible on our website. If you are concerned about what the sofa might look like in your home, we are able to send out free fabric and leather samples. What fabrics and leathers will look like in your home will be affected by natural light, artificial light, the colour of lighting in your space and any décor you may have. If you choose to return a product as the fabric doesn't look how you hoped in your space, this is considered a change of mind return, not an issue with the product, and all below terms and conditions apply.
Change of mind returns are in addition to your rights which you may be entitled to under the Australian Consumer Law.
Please note that there are limitations on your right to return and obtain a refund for a product, however these limitations will always be subject to your statutory rights.
We must be notified of your intent to return the product within 7 days of you receiving your delivery. You mustcontact us within 7 days to be eligible for a change of mind return. Upon contact our team will arrange a return date with you. The following conditions apply to all change of mind returns:
- Restocking fee - There is a 10% restocking fee on all orders. This will be deducted from your refund.
- Freight cost - We will deduct incoming and outgoing freight charges from your final refund. At times, we may have offered discounted or subsidised shipping - if this has been the case, we are unable to offer subsidised freight on return, so the return cost may be higher than what you originally paid. We will advise of any additional freight costs prior to actioning a return.
- Only ‘as new’ items can be returned - The product must be in 'as new' condition. Products that have been damaged or show evidence of wear and tear will not be accepted. We reserve the right to withhold refund on products that, in our reasonable opinion, are of unacceptable quality due to wear and tear, misuse or a failure to take reasonable care of the product.
- Items must be returned in the original packaging - Our packaging is designed to protect the product during shipping. Please ensure your sofa is repackaged and unassembled before handing the goods over to our delivery partners. If you have already discarded the original packaging or received a delivery that included packaging removal, please pack the item as best you can. An additional $50 repackaging fee applies for every item returned without the original packaging. All returned items must not be assembled. We suggest you photograph items scheduled for collection and the condition of the packaging before handing the items over to our carriers.
- Return of pick up orders - Please note, if you have chosen to pick up items from our warehouse or showroom, we take no responsibility for damage that occurs during transit and we cannot provide a return or refund on items that have been damaged in transit. We advise you to make sure you are always using extreme caution when using your own equipment to transport our products. The delivery fees do not apply, however all restocking fees and any applicable repackaging fees will still apply.
- Exchanging products - You are able to exchange products. All above fees and charges will apply. Additionally, there will be a higher delivery cost associated for the swap over which we will quote for you once you have requested an exchange.
- The swap over fee for Melbourne Metro customers is $165. We have to get a quote for all other areas.
- We cannot return or exchange the following products -
- Items marked as ‘clearance’
- Display items and floor stock
- ‘Custom’ orders or made to order items
- Product that has been used for commercial purposes e.g. real estate photography etc.
All fees and costs of return are deducted from your final refund. Please familiarise yourself with these terms and conditions before requesting a return.
To cancel an order of stocked items and receive a full refund, we must be notified prior to the items being dispatched from our warehouse. We will aim to process your refund as soon as we can after receiving your notification.
To cancel a custom order, we must be notified within 5 business days of you placing the order. Changes or cancellations processed after 5 business days will result in the loss of your 50% deposit.
Once items have been returned to our warehouse, they will be inspected. Provided everything is in good order, we will process your refund, minus fees and charges, as soon as possible.
If there are issues with your return - i.e. damaged stock, we will advise any further deductions from your refund.
All payments must be returned via the channel they were originally processed in.